Western Europe - Spain (PDF Chapter)
This is the Spain chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western Europe guidebook.
Spain is passionate, sophisticated and devoted to the good life. The landscapes here stir the soul, from the jagged Pyrenees and wildly beautiful cliffs of the Atlantic northwest to charming Mediterranean coves, while astonishing architecture spans the ages at seemingly every turn.
- explore the Alhambra, an exquisite Islamic palace complex in Granada
- visit Gaudí’s singular work in progress, Barcelona’s La Sagrada Família, a cathedral that truly defies imagination
- wander amid the horseshoe arches of Córdoba’s Mezquita, close to perfection wrought in stone
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Madrid, Castilla y León, Salamanca, Segovia, Castilla-La Mancha, Toledo, Catalonia, Barcelona, Tarragona, Aragón & around, Basque Country & Navarra, Zaragoza, San Sebastián, Bilbao, Cantabria, Asturias & Galicia, Santillana del Mar, Santiago de Compostela, Valencia, Balearic Islands, Mallorca, Ibiza, Andalucía, Seville, Córdoba, Granada, Málaga, Extremadura, Cáceres, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.