Western Europe - Spain (PDF Chapter)
This is the Spain chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western Europe guidebook.
Spanish landscapes stir the soul, from the jagged Pyrenees and wildly beautiful cliffs of the Atlantic northwest to charming Mediterranean coves, while astonishing architecture spans the ages at seemingly every turn.
- explore the exquisite Islamic palace complex of the Alhambra in Granada
- visit Gaudí’s La Sagrada Família in Barcelona, a cathedral that truly defies imagination
- wander amid the horseshoe arches of Córdoba’s great medieval mosque, the Mezquita, close to perfection wrought in stone
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Madrid, Castilla y León, Salamanca, Segovia, Cas-tilla-La Mancha, Toledo, Catalonia, Barcelona, Tarragona, Aragón & Around Basque Country & Navarra, Zaragoza, San Sebastián, Bilbao, Cantabria, Asturias, Galicia & Around, Santillana del Mar, Santiago de Compostela, Valencia, Balearic Islands, Mallorca, Palma de Mallorca & Around, Ibiza, Andalucía, Seville, Córdoba, Granada, Málaga, Extremadura, Cáceres, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience