Western Europe - Italy (PDF Chapter)
This is the Italy chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western Europe guidebook.
Italy is far more than the sum of its iconic sights. Its fiercely proud regions maintain centu-ries-old customs and culinary traditions, meaning enthralling festivals and delectable food appear at every turn.
- face up to Rome’s awe-inspiring art and iconic monuments
- take to the water and cruising past Gothic palaces, domed churches and crumbling piazzas in Venice
- explore the exquisite Renaissance time capsule of Florence
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes:, Rome, Northern Italy, Genoa, Cinque Terre, Turin, Milan, The Lakes, Venice, Bologna, Tuscany & Umbria, Florence, Lucca, Siena, Southern Italy, Naples, Capri, Amalfi Coast, Sicily, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience