Western Europe - Ireland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ireland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western Europe guidebook.
The Emerald Isle is one of Europe’s gems, a scenic extravaganza of lakes, mountains, sea and sky. From picturepostcard County Kerry to the rugged coastline of Northern Ireland, there are countless opportunities to get outdoors and explore.
- meander through Dublin’s museums, pubs and literary haunts
- hang out in bohemian Galway, with its hip cafes and live-music venues
- hike along the Causeway Coast to see the Giant’s Causeway
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Dublin, The Southeast, Kilkenny, The Southwest, Cork & Around, Killarney, Ring of Kerry, The West Coast, Galway, Aran Islands, Northern Ireland, Belfast, The Causeway & Antrim Coasts, Derry (Londonderry), Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.