Western Europe - Germany (PDF Chapter)
This is the Germany chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western Europe guidebook.
Few countries have had as much impact on the world as Germany. You’ll encounter history in towns where streets were laid out long before Columbus set sail, and in castles that loom above prim, half-timbered villages where flower boxes billow with crimson geraniums.
- discover your inner party animal in Berlin; save sleep for somewhere else as there’s no time here with all the clubs, museums and bars
- experience Oktoberfest, a bacchanale of suds, or just soak up the vibe in a beer garden in Munich
- go slow in Germany’s alluring small towns like Bamberg, with winding lanes, smoked beer and a lack of cliché
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Berlin, Saxony, Dresden, Leipzig & Western Saxony, Central Germany, Weimar, Erfurt, Bavaria, Munich, Bavarian Alps, The Romantic Road, Nurem-berg & Franconia, Regensburg & the Danube, Stuttgart & the Black Forest, Stuttgart, Heidelberg, The Black Forest, Southern Rhineland, Frankfurt am Main, Romantic Rhine Valley, Moselle Val-ley, Cologne & Northern Rhineland, Cologne, Northern Rhineland, Northern Germany, Ham-burg, Schleswig-Holstein, Lower Saxony & Bremen, Bremen City, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.