Western Europe - France (PDF Chapter)
This is the France chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western Europe guidebook.
Visiting France is certainly about seeing the big sights, but it’s just as much about savouring life’s little pleasures. The French are big on their art de vivre (art of living) and you should embrace it, too.
- gorge on the iconic sights and sophistication of Europe’s most hopelessly romantic city, Paris
- relive the French Renaissance with extraordinary chateaux built by kings and queens in the Loire Valley
- do a Bond and swoosh down slopes in the shadow of Mont Blanc in Chamonix
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Paris, Around Paris, Versailles, Chartres, Giverny, Lille & the Somme, Lille, The Somme, Normandy, Bayeux, D-Day Beaches, Mont St-Michel, Brittany, Quimper, St-Malo, Champagne, Reims, Épernay, Alsace & Lorraine, Strasbourg, Metz, The Loire Valley, Blois, Around Blois, Amboise, Around Amboise, Burgundy & the Rhône Valley, Dijon, Beaune, Lyon, The French Alps, Chamonix, The Dordogne, Sarlat-la-Canéda, The Atlantic Coast, Bordeaux, Biarritz, Languedoc-Roussillon, Toulouse, Carcassonne, Nîmes, Pont du Gard, Provence, Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, Avignon, The French Riviera & Monaco, Nice, Cannes, St-Tropez, Monaco, Corsica, Ajaccio, Bastia, Bonifacio, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.