Western Europe - France (PDF Chapter)
This is the France chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western Europe guidebook.
France seduces travellers with its iconic landmarks and unfalteringly familiar culture woven around cafe terraces, markets and lace-curtained bistros with their plat du jour (dish of the day) chalked on the board.
- gorge on the iconic sights and sophistication of Paris, Europe’s most impossibly romantic city
- relive the French Renaissance with extraordinary chateaux built by kings and queens in the Loire Valley
- do a Bond and swoosh down Chamonix’s slopes in the shadow of Mont Blanc
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Paris & Around, Versailles, Chartres, Giverny, Lille & the Somme, Lille, Normandy, Bayeux, D-Day Beaches, Mont St-Michel, Brittany, Quimper, St-Malo, Champagne, Reims, Épernay, Alsace & Lorraine, Strasbourg, The Loire Valley, Blois, Around Blois, Amboise & Around, Burgundy, Dijon, Beaune, Lyon, The French Alps, Chamonix, The Dordogne, Sarlat-la-Canéda, Atlantic Coast, Bordeaux, Biarritz, Languedoc-Roussillon, Nîmes, Pont du Gard, Provence, Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, Avignon, The French Riviera & Monaco, Nice, Cannes, St-Tropez, Monaco, Corsica, Ajaccio, Bastia, Bonifacio, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.