Western Europe - Belgium & Luxembourg (PDF Chapter)
This is the Belgium & Luxembourg chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western Europe guide-book.
Stereotypes of comic books, chips and sublime chocolates are just the start in eccentric little Belgium. Its self-deprecating people have quietly spent centuries producing some of Europe’s finest art and architecture – and beers.
- visit Bruges on weekdays off-season to appreciate the picture-perfect canal scenes of this medieval city
- be wooed by Ghent, one of Europe’s greatest underappreciated all-round discoveries
- savour the ‘world’s most beautiful square’, then seeking out remarkable cafés (pubs or bars) and chocolate shops in Brussels
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Brussels, Flanders, Bruges, Ypres, Ghent, Antwerp, Lier, Leuven, Mechelen, Wallonia, Mons, Tournai, Luxembourg, Luxembourg City, Northern Luxembourg, Moselle Valley, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.