Western Europe - Austria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Austria chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western Europe guidebook.
Austria’s past glories still shine in the resplendent baroque palaces and chandelier-lit coffee houses of Vienna, Innsbruck and Salzburg, but beyond its storybook cities, Austria’s allure is one of natural beauty and outdoor adventure.
- discover Vienna’s opulent Habsburg palaces, coffee houses and cutting-edge galler-ies
- survey Salzburg’s baroque cityscape from the giddy heights of 900-year-old Festung Ho-hensalzburg
- send your spirits soaring from peak to peak hiking and skiing around Kitzbühel
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Vienna, The Danube Valley, Krems an der Donau, Melk, Upper Austria, Linz, The South, Graz, Klagenfurt, Salzburg, The Salzkammergut, Hallstatt, Tyrol, Innsbruck, Kitzbühel, Lienz, Hohe Tauern National Park, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience