Western Balkans - Understand Western Balkans and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the The Western Balkans Today, History, People & Religion, Arts & Ar-chitecture, Environment, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Western Balkans guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, people and environment to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the rich artistic legacy of the region
- info on people and religion, and the issues facing the region today
- full coverage of the history of the Western Balkans and how the past shapes the pre-sent
- details on the region’s extraordinary biodiversity and natural beauty
Coverage includes: The Western Balkans Today, History, People & Reli-gion, Arts & Architecture, Environment, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience