Western Balkans - North Macedonia (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the North Macedonia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western Balkans guidebook.
North Macedonia has a fascinating past and a complex national identity. Glittering Lake Ohrid and its historic town have etched out a place for North Macedonia on the tourist map, but there is a wealth of natural beauty in this small country.
- explore Ohrid’s distinctive historic quarter, right to the end of the boardwalk and pebble beach, and up to the clifftop Church of Sveti Jovan at Kaneo
- dive into the historic Caršija (Old Ottoman Bazaar) of North Macedonia’s friendly capital, Skopje, seeking out its modernist architecture and marvelling at the supersized riverside monuments
- eat your fill at food-focused village tourism initiatives in underrated Pelister National Park, then walk it off the next day
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Skopje & Around, Canyon Matka, Western North Macedonia, Mavrovo National Park, Lake Ohrid, Central North Macedonia, Pelister National Park, Bitola, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.