Western Balkans - Montenegro (PDF Chapter)
This is the Montenegro chapter from Lonely Planet’s Western Balkans guidebook.
Imagine a place with spectacular sapphire beaches, rugged peaks, elegant palazzi and ancient towns. Now wrap it up in a Mediterranean climate and squish it into an area two-thirds the size of Wales, and you start to get a picture of Montenegro.
- stroll the cafe-lined streets and leafy parks of Chisinau, Moldova’s friendly capital
- designate a driver for tours to world-famous wine cellars and boutique wineries, like Crico-va, outside Chisinau.
- explore the fantastic historic cave monastery of Orheiul Vechi, burrowed by 13th-century monks
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Coastal Montenegro, Perast, Kotor, Ulcinj, Inland Montenegro, Lovcen National Park, Cetinje, Durmitor National Park, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.