West Coast Australia - Understand West Coast Australia and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the History, Local Produce, Wine & Craft Beer, Mining & the Environment, Indigenous Art in Western Australia, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Behind the Scenes chapters from Lonely Planet’s West Coast Australia guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, local wineries, and Indigenous art to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the region’s produce, wines and craft beers
- info on Indigenous art, such as the engravings which decorate rock galleries in the Kimberly and the Pilbara
- full coverage of the history of West Coast Australia, pre- and post-colonisation
- details on mining and environmental issues
Coverage includes: History, Local Produce, Wine & Craft Beer, Mining & the Environment, Indigenous Art in Western Australia, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Behind the Scenes.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation