Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
West Coast Australia - Southern Western Australia (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Southern Western Australia chapter from Lonely Planet’s West Coast Australia guidebook.
Winter months on the coast bring pods of migrating whales, while the spectacular tingle trees of Walpole’s Valley of the Giants are more evidence of nature’s wonder. For a change from the outdoors, Albany has colonial and Anzac history, while Denmark has excellent wine, craft beer and good food.
- walk among and above the giant tingle trees in the Valley of the Giants Tree Top Walk
- compete to see who can spot the most whales in Albany’s King George Sound
- understand the sacrifices made by brave soldiers 100 years ago at the National Anzac Centre in Albany, from where soldiers departed for WWI
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Walpole & Nornalup, Denmark, Albany & Around, Mt Barker, Porongurup National Park, Stirling Range National Park, Fitzgerald River National Park, Bremer Bay, Hopetoun, Esperance & Around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.