West Coast Australia - South Coast WA (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Coast WA chapter from Lonely Planet’s West Coast Australia guidebook.
Standing above the waves and cliffs of the rugged south coast is an exhilarating experience. On calm days, the sea is aquamarine and white-sand beaches lie pristine and welcoming. Even busy summer holiday periods in the Great Southern are relaxed.
- swim and surf at some of Australia’s best beaches at Cape Le Grand National Park
- walk among and above the giant tingle trees along the Tree Top Walk in the Valley of the Giants
- pay your respects to the sacrifice made by soldiers more than 100 years ago at the National Anzac Centre
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Walpole & Nornalup, Denmark, Albany, Mt Barker, Porongurup National Park, Stirling Range National Park, Bremer Bay, Fitzgerald River National Park, Hopetoun, Esperance, When to Go, Best Places to Stay.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation