West Coast Australia - Perth Region (PDF Chapter)
This is the Perth Region chapter from Lonely Planet’s West Coast Australia guidebook.
You don’t have to travel too far from Perth for a taste of the rest of Western Australia. Visit the nearby coastal city of Mandurah, explore the Swan Valley and Perth Hills, or wander the heritage-listed towns of Avon Valley.
- cycle to Rottnest Island, a private slice of coastal paradise to swim and snorkel
- explore otherworldly limestone prongs in Nambung National Park in the Pinnacles Desert
- cruise between winery cellar doors and tracts of forest in the hills east of Perth
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rottnest Island, Rockingham, Peel Region, Mandurah, Dwellingup, Perth Hills, Hyden & Wave Rock, Swan Valley, Guildford, Swan Valley Wine Region, Avon Valley, Northam, York, Toodyay, New Norcia, Wildflower Way, Moora, Wongan Hills, Sunset Coast, Guilderton, Lancelin, Turquoise Coast, Cervantes & Pinnacles Desert, Jurien Bay, Green Head & Leeman, When to Go, Best Places to Stay.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.