West Coast Australia - Perth & Fremantle (PDF Chapter)
This is the Perth & Fremantle chapter from Lonely Planet’s West Coast Australia guidebook.
Perth is a modern-day boom town, stoking Australia’s economy from its glitzy central business district. Fremantle, the raffish port town with a great food and arts scene, maintains its own distinct personality – proud of its nautical ties, working-class roots and bohemian reputation.
- stretch out on the lawn in Kings Park, with the glittering river and city spread out below you
- experience Perth’s restaurant scene in the eateries of Mt Lawley, Northbridge and the city centre
- explore a wealth of local art, including a significant Indigenous collection, in the Art Gallery of Western Australia
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Perth: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Fremantle: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.