West Coast Australia - Perth & Western Australia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Perth chapter from Lonely Planet’s West Coast Australia guidebook.
In Wadjuk country, way out west in the Indian Ocean breeze, Perth regularly attracts that most easy-going of adjectives – ‘livable’. Under a near-permanent canopy of blue sky, life here unfolds at a pleasing pace.
- stretch out on the lawn in Kings Park, with the glittering city spread out below you
- view the trove of WA art, including an Aboriginal collection, at the Gallery of Western Australia
- sip a sundowner at Cottesloe Beach in Perth after a hard day on the sand
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities & Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation