West Coast Australia - Ningaloo Coast & the Pilbara (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ningaloo Coast & the Pilbara chapter from Lonely Planet’s West Coast Australia guidebook.
The turquoise waters of the Ningaloo Coast nurture a marine paradise. Lonely bays, deserted beaches and crystal-clear lagoons offer superb snorkelling and diving. Inland are ancient rock-art sites and Karijini and Millstream Chichester National Parks, home to spectacular gorges, remote peaks and abundant wildlife.
- swim with ‘gentle giant’ whale sharks, manta rays, sea turtles or even humpbacks in Ningaloo Marine Park
- snorkel over marine life at Turquoise Bay
- descend into the ‘centre of the earth’ on an adventure tour through the gorges of Karijini National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ningaloo Coast, Coral Bay, Exmouth & Around, Ningaloo Marine Park, Cape Range National Park, The Pilbara, Karratha & Around, Port Hedland, Karijini National Park.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.