West Coast Australia - Ningaloo Coast & The Pilbara (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ningaloo Coast & the Pilbara chapter from Lonely Planet’s West Coast Australia guidebook.
Lapping languidly against Australia’s second-largest reef, the shallow, turquoise waters of the Ningaloo Coast nurture a marine paradise. Lonely bays, deserted beaches and crystal-clear lagoons offer superb snorkelling and diving among myriad forms of sea life.
- swim with whale sharks, manta rays, sea turtles or even humpbacks at Ningaloo Marine Park
- descend into the ‘centre of the earth’ on an adventure tour through the gorges at Karijini National Park
- snorkel over marine life at Turquoise Bay, one of Ningaloo’s finest
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ningaloo Coast, Coral Bay, Exmouth & around, Ningaloo Marine Park, Cape Range National Park, The Pilbara, Karratha, Dampier, Port Hedland, Karijini National Park, When to Go, Best Places to Stay.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation