West Coast Australia - Broome & the Kimberley (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Broome & the Kimberley chapter from Lonely Planet’s West Coast Australia guidebook.
Australia’s last frontier is a wild land of remote, spectacular scenery. Aboriginal culture runs deep across the region, from the Dampier Peninsula to distant Mitchell Plate. Swashbuckling Broome and practical Kununurra bookend the region. Both are great places to unwind and meet other travellers.
- take a camel ride at sunset along Broome’s Cable Beach
- learn about traditional culture with Aboriginal communities on the pristine Dampier Peninsula
- tackle the notorious Gibb River Road on a 4WD adventure
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Kimberley, Port Hedland to Broome, Broome, Dampier Peninsula, Derby, Devonian Reef National Parks, Gibb River Road, Great Northern Highway, Kununurra, Purnululu National Park & Bungle Bungle Range, Wyndham.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.