West Coast Australia - Broome & The Kimberley (PDF Chapter)
This is the Broome & the Kimberley chapter from Lonely Planet’s West Coast Australia guidebook.
Australia’s last frontier is a vast land of remote, spectacular scenery, with a severe climate, a sparse population and minimal infrastructure. Larger than 75% of the world’s countries, the Kimberley is hemmed by impenetrable coastline and unforgiving deserts.
- take a camel ride at sunset along Broome’s Cable Beach
- learn about traditional culture with Aboriginal communities on the pristine Dampier peninsula
- tackle the notorious Gibb River Road on a 4WD adventure
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Kimberley, Broome, Dampier Peninsula, Derby, Devonian Reef National Parks, Gibb River Road, Great Northern Highway, Kununurra, Purnululu National Park & Bungle Bungle Range, Wyndham, When to Go, Best Places to Stay.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.