*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
West Africa - The Gambia (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Gambia chapter from Lonely Planet's West Africa guidebook.
Small fishing villages, nature reserves and historic slaving stations are all within easy reach of The Gambia's Atlantic resorts. It's also a bird lovers' utopia, and ecolodges and wildlife parks dot the inland like a green belt around the coast.
- indulge in fabulous food, then party the night away in the Atlantic Coast resorts
- get teased by monkeys on the 4.5km nature trail in Bijilo Forest Park and look out for rare birds and giant crocodiles in tiny Abuko Nature Reserve
- follow the call of the birds in the forest around Janjangbureh (Georgetown)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand The Gambia, The Gambia Today, History, Culture, People of The Gambia, Arts & Crafts, Food & Drink, Environment, Directory, Transport, Banjul, Serekunda & the Atlantic Coast, Western Gambia, Abuko Nature Reserve, Makasutu Culture Forest & Ballabu Conservation Project, Tanji, Brufut & around, Gunjur, Lower Gambia River, Jufureh & James Island, Upper Gambia River, Janjangbureh & around.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.