West Africa - The Gambia (PDF Chapter)
The smallest country on the continent has a captivating array of attractions that belie its tiny size. Its mere 80km of coastline encompasses golden beaches backed by swaying palms and sprinkled with scenic lagoons, sleepy fishing villages and biologically rich coastal reserves.
- boat past river islands at the Chimpanzee Rehabilitation Project, where great apes rule
- indulge in fresh seafood while watching the sunset over the seaside at the Atlantic Coast resorts
- be teased by monkeys on the 4.5km nature trail in Bijilo Forest Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Banjul, Serekunda & Atlantic Coast Resorts, Abuko Nature Reserve, Makasuta Culture Forest, Tanji, Brufut, Gunjur, Lower Gambia River, Albreda, Juffureh & Kunta Kinteh Island, Baobolong Wetland Reserve & Kiang West National Park, Basse Santa Su, River Gambia National Park, Tujering, Sanyang, Wassu Stone Circles, Understand The Gambia, The Gambia Today, History, People, Arts & Crafts, Environment, Survival Guide
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.