*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
West Africa - Sierra Leone (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sierra Leone chapter from Lonely Planet's West Africa guidebook.
Sierra Leone rises from the soft waters of the Atlantic, dressed in sun-stained hues, rainforest green and the red roads of the north. Join the island-hoppers, explore the archipelagos and crack open fresh lobster under the shade of palms.
- feel the white sand between your toes on River No 2 Beach and other Freetown beaches that line the stunning peninsula
- track colobus monkeys and joining the search for the elusive pygmy hippo on Tiwai Island
- push through the cool mist as you scale, Mt Bintumani West Africa's highest peak this side of Cameroon
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Sierra Leone, Sierra Leone Today, History, Culture, Food & Drink, Environment, Directory, Transport, Freetown & around, Beaches, Banana Islands, Bunce Island, Tacugama Chimpanzee Sanctuary, The North, Makeni, Mt Bintumani, Outamba-Kilimi National Park, The South, Bo, Turtle Islands, Tiwai Island, Kenema.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.