West Africa - Sierra Leone (PDF Chapter)
For the traveller, Sierra Leone is still West Africa’s secret beach destination. Sweet sands rise from the soft waters of the Atlantic, with the backdrop dressed in sun-stained hues, rainforest green and the red, red roads of the north.
- join a nighttime hike through the forest of Tiwai Island in search of the elusive pygmy hip-po
- eat barbecued lobster pulled fresh from the sea at one of Freetown Peninsula’s stunning beaches.
- glide down the river by dugout canoe while monkeys and birds chatter in the surrounding forest, in Outamba-Kilimi National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Freetown, Freetown Peninsula, Banana Islands, Riv-er No 2, Tokeh Beach, Bunce Island, Makeni, Mt Bintumani, Outamba-Kilimi National Park, Bo, Turtle Islands, Tiwai Island, Gola Rainforest National Park, Understand Sierra Leone, Sierra Le-one Today, History, Culture, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.