*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
West Africa - Senegal (PDF Chapter)
This is the Senegal chapter from Lonely Planet's West Africa guidebook.
In Dakar, elegance meets chaos, while the country's beaches tap to slow, lazy beats; whether you want to mingle with the trendsetters of urban Africa or be alone with your thoughts and nature, you'll find your place in Senegal.
- weave your way via tiny villages to Senegal's best beaches on Cap Skiring and kicking back for a day of doing absolutely nothing
- wander in the footsteps of history in West Africa's first French settlement and Unesco World Heritage Site Saint-Louis
- wind through the mangroves of the Siné-Saloum Delta in a pirogue (traditional canoe)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Senegal, Senegal Today, History, Culture, Food & Drink, Environment, Directory, Transport, Dakar & around, Île de Gorée, Lac Rose, Petite Côte & Siné-Saloum Delta, Mbour & Saly, Joal-Fadiout, Palmarin, Ndangane & Mar Lodj, Toubakouta & Missirah, Northern Senegal, Saint-Louis, Parc National des Oiseaux du Djoudj, Central Senegal, Tambacounda, Parc National de Niokolo-Koba, Casamance, Ziguinchor, Oussouye, Elinkine & Île De Karabane, Cap Skiring.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.