West Africa - Sao Tome & Principe (PDF Chapter)
Floating in the Gulf of Guinea, this two-island nation, Africa’s second-smallest, blends natural wonders with a gripping history. While both islands have their natural rewards, Príncipe should not be missed.
- boat past Príncipe’s extraordinary volcanic skyline in the Baía das Agulhas, a spectacular trip back in time
- visit roças (plantations) like Roça Agua Izė for an eye-opening look at a national calamity
- eat thick slabs of deep-sea fish at restaurants such as Papa Figo in São Tomé
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: São Tomé, São Tomé (City), Northern Coast, Southern Coast, Ilhéu das Rolas, Príncipe, Santo António, Understand São Tomé & Príncipe, São Tomé & Príncipe Today, History, The People, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.