*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
West Africa - Nigeria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Nigeria chapter from Lonely Planet's West Africa guidebook.
With its burgeoning technology industries and an exploding music and arts scene, Lagos is the face of modern Africa. But in the villages and towns you may still feel as if you're a lone explorer getting a glimpse of the raw edges of the world.
- learn about the traditional arts and ancient spiritual shrines in Oshogbo, the centre of Yoruba culture
- take in colonial history and cutting-edge conservation in the easygoing old river port, Calabar
- head into the real wilds to explore Gashaka-Gumti National Park, a newly reorganised mountain-meets-savannah national park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Nigeria, Nigeria Today, History, Culture, Food & Drink, Environment, Directory, Transport, Lagos, Southern Nigeria, Abeokuta, Ibadan, Oshogbo, Benin City, Calabar, Northern Nigeria, Abuja, Jos, Yankari National Park, Kano, Gashaka-Gumti National Park.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.