West Africa - Niger (PDF Chapter)
Those who have visited this desert republic tell stories of a warm and generous population liv-ing in ancient caravan cities at the edge of the Sahara. However, the current security situation means that Niger is still largely off limits to travellers.
- the spiky summit of the majestic mud mosque overlooking the town of Agadez and the Sa-hara
- West Africa’s last wild herd of giraffes in Kouré
- The sultan’s palace within the fascinating Birni Quartier of Zinder tells of a brutal history
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Niger, Niger Today, History, Culture, En-vironment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience