West Africa - Mauritania (PDF Chapter)
Driving through the vast, sun-bleached landscape of Mauritania, you’d be forgiven for ex-pecting to see a tricked-out post-apocalyptic hot rod from Mad Max: Fury Road on the horizon. There’s no doubt that Mauritania has some of the continent’s grandest scenery.
- track down a rare colony of charismatic Mediterranean monk seals in the Réserve Satellite du Cap Blanc in the country’s remote north.
- taste Mauritanian cooking in Nouakchott’s best and most atmospheric restaurant, La Tis-sayade
- observe vast flocks of birds from a traditional pirogue in the Parc National du Banc d’Arguin
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nouakchott, Nouâdhibou, Parc National du Banc d’Arguin, Understand Mauritania, Mauritania Today, History, Culture, People, Arts & Crafts, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.