*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
West Africa - Liberia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Liberia chapter from Lonely Planet's West Africa guidebook.
Visit one of the most stunning patches of rainforest left in West Africa, Sapo National Park; explore the relics of Liberia's rich history in Monrovia; or simply lean back in a string hammock on the edge of a forest singing with tropical birds.
- gain a history lesson walking around the Liberian capital Monrovia
- hit the long, bumpy road to Harper, a town blessed with southern American architecture and an end-of-the-line feel
- explore the habitat of the endangered pygmy hippo, camping beneath the forest canopy and listening to the sounds of the rainforest at Sapo National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Liberia, Liberia Today, History, Culture, People of Liberia, Arts & Crafts, Food & Drink, Environment, Directory, Transport, Monrovia, The Coast, Marshall, Robertsport, Buchanan, North of Monrovia, Gbarnga, Mount Nimba, The Southeast, Zwedru, Harper.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.