West Africa - Liberia (PDF Chapter)
Liberia, a lush, green, friendly and vibrant land, offers everything from excellent surf spots and shops selling wares by edgy local designers to days spent lolling in a comfy hammock on the edge of the rainforest while listening to tropical birds sing.
- explore the relics of Liberia’s rich history and the American influence that still shapes the capital, Monrovia.
- hit the long, bumpy road to the pretty town of Harper that’s blessed with southern American architecture and an end-of-the-line feel.
- venture into the habitat of the endangered pygmy hippo, camping beneath the forest can-opy and listening to the sounds of the rainforest in Sapo National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Monrovia, Marshall, Robertsport, Buchanan, Mount Nimba, Zwedru, Harper, Understand Liberia, Liberia Today, History, Culture, People, Arts & Crafts, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.