West Africa - Guinea-Bissau (PDF Chapter)
The jewel in the country’s crown is the labyrinth of tropical islands that make up the Ar-quipélago dos Bijagós. Hippos, monkeys, chimps and buffaloes thrive in protected reserves and hundreds of bird species call its vast mangroves and wetlands home.
- relax amid world-class facilities and natural splendour on the Ilha de Rubane
- experience village life, a short walk from your island getaway, on the Ilha de Bubaque
- tango in Bissau Velho’s cobbled streets by candlelight, after a dinner of salty bacalau and red wine.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bissau, Arquipélago dos Bijagós, Ilha de Bolama, Ilha de Bubaque, Ilha de Orango, Ilha João Vieira, Varela, Quinhámel, Parc Natural das Lagoas de Cufada, Parque Nacional de Cantanhez, Understand Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Bissau Today, History, People, Arts & Crafts, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience