*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
West Africa - Ghana (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ghana chapter from Lonely Planet's West Africa guidebook.
Hailed as West Africa's golden child, Ghana deserves its place in the sun. With its welcoming beaches, gorgeous hinterland, rich culture, vibrant cities, diverse wildlife, easy transport and affable inhabitants, it's no wonder Ghana is sometimes labelled 'Africa for beginners'.
- tour the castles of Cape Coast and Elmina to learn about the history of slavery
- go hiking, climb waterfalls and swim in the former German Togoland, Ghana's Volta Region in the east
- join the world's most inexpensive safari at Mole National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Ghana, Ghana Today, History, People of Ghana, Religion, Arts, Food & Drink, Directory, Transport, Accra, The East, Akosombo, Amedzofe, Tafi Atome & Tafi Abuipe, Wli Falls, The Coast, Kokrobite, Anomabu, Cape Coast, Kakum National Park, Elmina, Takoradi, Busua, Akwidaa & Cape Three Points, The Centre, Kumasi & around, Lake Bosumtwe, The North, Tamale, Mole National Park, Bolgatanga, The Northwest, Wa, Wechiau Hippo Sanctuary.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.