West Africa - Ghana (PDF Chapter)
Ghana is suffused with the most incredible energy. With its welcoming beaches, gorgeous hinterland, rich culture, vibrant cities, diverse wildlife, easy transport and affable inhabitants, it’s no wonder Ghana is sometimes labelled ‘Africa for beginners’.
- gain a chilling insight into the history of the slave trade at Cape Coast Castle
- hike, climb waterfalls and swim in the former German Togoland, the Volta Region in Ghana’s east
- join a safari for some close-up encounters with herds of elephants at Mole National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Accra, Volta Region, Amedzofe, Tafi Atome & Tafi Abuipe, Wli Falls, Kokrobite, Anomabu, Cape Coast, Kakum National Park, Elmina, Takoradi, Axim, Busua, Akwidaa & Cape Three Points, Kumasi, Lake Bosumtwe & Abono, Tamale, Mole National Park, Bolgatanga, Larabanga, Wa, Wechiau Hippo Sanctuary, Understand Ghana, Ghana Today, History, The Arts, Survival Guide
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience