*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
West Africa - Cape Verde (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cape Verde chapter from Lonely Planet's West Africa guidebook.
This 10-island archipelago packs a punch. Craggy peaks hide piercing green valleys of flowers and sugar cane, ideal for epic hikes; Mindelo throbs with bars and music clubs; and wispy white dunes merge with indigo-blue seas on unspoiled beaches.
- hike the misty pine-clad ridges, the sheer canyons and the verdant valleys of Cape Verde's most spectacular island, Santo Antão
- admire the views from the summit of the country's only active volcano, stunning, cinder-clad, 2829m-high Mount Fogo
- see swinging hips, elaborate costumes and dirty dancing at Mindelo's sexy and colourful Mardi Gras
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Cape Verde, Cape Verde Today, History, Culture, People of Cape Verde, Religion, Arts & Crafts, Environment, Food & Drink, Directory, Transport, Santiago, Praia, Cidade Velha, São Vicente, Mindelo & around, Santo Antão, Porto Novo, Ponta do Sol, Ribeira Grande, Paúl, Tarrafal, Fogo, São Filipe, Sal, Santa Maria, Espargos, Boa Vista, Other Islands, Brava, Maio, São Nicolau.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.