West Africa - Burkina Faso (PDF Chapter)
This is the Burkina Faso chapter from Lonely Planet's West Africa guidebook.
Burkina Faso's big draws are its enchanting landscapes - from atmospheric Sahelian plains, to rolling savannah and surprising geology - and the lively cultural scene. Ouagadougou and Bobo-Dioulasso are famous for their musical traditions and beautiful handicrafts.
- wander amid otherworldly rock formations and Burkina's lush landscapes at the Sindou Peaks
- sip a few beers to the sound of Bobo-Dioulasso's fantastic live music scene
- come face to face with elephants at Réserve de Nazinga
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Burkina Faso, Burkina Faso Today, History, People of Burkina Faso, Religion, Arts, Food & Drink, Environment, Directory, Transport, Ouagadougou, The Southwest, Bobo-Dioulasso & around, Banfora & around, Sénoufo Country, Gaoua & Lobi Country, The South, Pô, Réserve de Nazinga, Tiébélé & Kassena Country.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.