*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
West Africa - Benin (PDF Chapter)
This is the Benin chapter from Lonely Planet's West Africa guidebook.
Benin will wow visitors with its natural beauty, from the palm-fringed Atlantic coast to the rugged scenery of the north. The Parc National de la Pendjari is one of the best wildlife parks in West Africa.
- explore the rugged landscapes of the Atakora Region
- spend a night at the lacustrine stilt village of Ganvié
- learn traditional fishing techniques on the shores of Lake Ahémé
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Benin, Benin Today, History, People of Benin, Religion, Arts, Food & Drink, Environment, Directory, Transport, Cotonou, Route des Pêches, The South, Porto Novo, Ouidah, Grand Popo, Possotomé & Lake Ahémé, Abomey, The North, Natitingou, The Atakora Region, Parc National de la Pendjari.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.