West Africa - Benin (PDF Chapter)
Benin is wonderfully tourist friendly. There are good roads, a wide range of accommodation options and ecotourism initiatives that offer the chance to delve into Beninese life. Now is an ideal time to go: the country sits on the cusp of discovery.
- spend a night at the lakeside stilt village of Ganvié and peer out over sublime lake life.
- learn traditional fishing techniques on Lake Ahémé and take a dip at the lake’s shores.
- spot lions, cheetahs, elephants and more in Parc National de la Pendjari, one of West Af-rica’s best wildlife parks.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cotonou, Route des Peches, Poro Novo, Ouidah, Grand Popo, Abomey, The Atakora Region, Parc National de la Pendjari, Understand Benin, Be-nin Today, History, People of Benin, Religion, The Arts, Food & Drink, Environment, Survival Guide
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience