Washington Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - Washington Cascades (PDF Chapter)
This is the Washington Cascades chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest guidebook.
Grafted onto one of the more temperamental segments of the Pacific Ring of Fire, the Washington Cascades are a rugged, spectacular mountain range capped by five potentially lethal volcanoes: Mt Baker, Glacier Peak, Mt Rainier, Mt Adams and Mt St Helens.
- tackle the trails of the majestic Mt Rainier peak, that’s gorgeous in clear weather or encircled by its signature lenticular clouds
- take the ferry from the wine town of Chelan to the hidden village of Stehekin across the magically blue Lake Chelan
- break trail with a pair of cross-country skis in the sunny Methow Valley
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: North Cascades, Mt Baker Area, Upper Skagit River Valley, North Cascades National Park, Methow Valley, Stehekin, Chelan & Around, South Cascades, Mt Rainier National Park Area, Crystal Mountain, Mt St Helens and Mt Adams.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.