Washington Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - Understand Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
All the info you need on everything from history: first inhabitants to explorers, settlers and later migrants, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for gay and lesbian travellers and travellers with disabilities.
- a rundown on the hot-button issues in the Pacific Northwest: sustainability, marijuana laws, football glory and more
- info on nature-loving hippies, outdoors nuts, latte lovers, beer geeks…all comers enjoy the Northwest’s laid-back lifestyle
- full coverage of the creativity galore in this progressive and inspiring region, home to right-brain thinkers and mind-blowing art.
- details on the region’s microbreweries, coffee culture and burgeoning wine industry
Coverage includes: The Pacific Northwest Today: Recent Times, Small Talk and Economic Biggies, History: Native Americansm Europeans Take a Look, Lewis & Clark, Otters & Beavers Lose Out, The Americans Settle In, Rounding the Turn at Champoeg, Follow the Oregon Trail, Decimation of Native Americans and More Recent Times, Life as a Pacific Northwestener: The People, Livin’ the Life, Multiculturalism and Offbeat Beliefs, Music & the Arts: The Seattle Sound Then & Now, Pacific Northwest in TV & Film, Pacific Northwest By the Book, The Pacific Northwest’s First Art... and Architecture & Notable Buildings, Beer & Beyond: Beer, Coffee, Wine and Spirits, Pacific Northwest Cuisine: James Beard & Northwest Food Philosophy, Farmed & Wild Produce & Crops, Meat & Seafood Bounty, Cart Culture, Regional Cuisines and Vegetarians, Vegans & Special Diets, Wild Things: Animals and Plants & Trees, Sustainable Pacific Northwest: Water, Wind & Sun and Eco-Cities of the Future, Directory A–Z and Transportation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.