Washington Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - The Willamette Valley & Wine Country (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Willamette Valley & Wine Country chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest guidebook.
The Willamette Valley is world famous for its fabulous and plentiful wineries, which could easily take several days to explore. However, they’re not the region’s only highlight. Visit humble Salem, Oregon’s capital city, for its museums and stately buildings.
- visit wineries around Newberg, McMinnville and Salem
- sample the gourmet menus from Dundee to McMinnville to Eugene
- explore, raft, hike and fish in the Mckenzie Region
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Oregon City, Champoeg State Heritage Area, Newberg & Dundee, McMinnville, Salem & Around, Corvallis, Eugene and McKenzie Region.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.