Washington Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - Seattle (PDF Chapter)
This is the Seattle chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest guidebook.
Combine the brains of Portland with the beauty of Vancouver and you’ll get something approximating Seattle. It’s hard to believe that the Pacific Northwest’s largest metropolis was considered a ‘secondary’ US city until the 1980s.
- experience the iconic Pike Place Market, from the charismatic fish throwers to the creative – but disgusting – gum wall
- ponder the shimmering glass art at Chihuly Garden & Glass
- go to the top of the Space Needle – just because it’s there
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Courses, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Washington Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - Vancouver, Whistler & Vancouver Island (PDF Chapter)