Washington Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - Oregon Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Oregon Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest guidebook.
A drive along Oregon’s coast is a must-do any time of year. Rocky headlands loom high above the ocean, providing astounding vistas, while craggy rocks lie scattered along the shoreline like oceanic sentinels.
- nibble fish-and-chips, crab cakes or chowder in Seaside or many lovely towns like it
- spot gray whales during their migrations in Depoe Bay
- hike the Cape Falcon and Neahkahnie Mountain Trails for awesome views at Manzanita
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Northern Oregon Coast, Astoria, Seaside, Cannon Beach, Manzanita, Nehalem & Wheeler, Tillamook, Lincoln City, Depoe Bay, Newport, Yachats, Southern Oregon Coast, Florence, Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, Reedsport, Coos Bay & North Bend, Charleston & Around, Bandon, Port Orford, Gold Beach and Brookings.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Washington Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - The Willamette Valley & Wine Country (PDF Chapter)