Washington Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - Central Oregon & the Oregon Cascades (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Oregon & the Oregon Cascades chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest guidebook.
Love mountain tops? That’s what Central Oregon and its Cascades are all about. You can practically skip your way from peak to snowy peak here, from Mt Hood, to Jefferson, to Bachelor, to Three-Fingered Jack and the lovely Sisters volcanoes.
- hike and camp in the wonderfully forested foothills of Mt Hood
- carve powder in winter (and summer!) at Timberline Lodge
- photograph summer wildflowers in the Three Sisters Wilderness
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mt Hood, Maupin & the Lower Deschutes River, Mt Jefferson & the Metolius River, Sisters, Three Sisters Wilderness, Smith Rock State Park, Bend, Newberry National Volcanic Monument, Cascade Lakes and Willamette Pass.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.