Washington Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - Ashland & Southern Oregon (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ashland & Southern Oregon chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest guidebook.
With a warm, sunny and dry climate that belongs in nearby California, Southern Oregon, the state’s ‘banana belt,’ is an exciting place to visit. Rugged and remote landscapes are entwined with a number of designated ‘wild and scenic’ rivers.
- strut with the Bard at Ashland’s Shakespeare Festival
- count bald eagles in the excellent bird-watching region, Klamath Basin National Wildlife Refuges
- raft down Rogue River, Oregon’s premier white-water destination
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ashland, Medford, Jacksonville, Grants Pass, Oregon Caves National Monument, North Umpqua River, Roseburg, Crater Lake National Park, Rogue River, Klamath Falls and Klamath Basin National Wildlife Refuges.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Washington Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - The Willamette Valley & Wine Country (PDF Chapter)