Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - Washington Cascades (PDF Chapter)
This is the Washington Cascades chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest guidebook.
The Washington Cascades are a rugged, spectacular mountain range capped by five poten-tially lethal volcanoes. Protected within a string of overlapping wilderness areas and national parks, the mountains offer some of the most awe-inspiring backcountry adventures in the US.
- tackle the trails of majestic peak Mt Rainier, equally gorgeous on a clear day or encircled by its signature lenticular clouds
- take the ferry from the wine town of Chelan to the secluded village of Stehekin across the magically blue lake
- break trail with a pair of cross-country skis in sunny, snowy Methow Valley
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: North Cascades, Mt Baker Area, Upper Skagit River Valley, North Cascades National Park, Methow Valley, Stehekin, Chelan & Around, South Cas-cades, Mt Rainier Area, Crystal Mountain, Mt St Helens, Mt Adams, When to Go, Best Places to Stay.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.