Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - Vancouver, Whistler & Vancouver Island (PDF Chapter)
This is the Vancouver, Whistler & Vancouver Island chapter from Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest guidebook.
Visitors to Canada’s westernmost province are never short of superlatives when typing their travel blogs. It’s hard not to be moved by looming mountains, wildlife-packed forests and un-countable kilometers of pristine coastline that slow your heartbeat like a spa treatment.
- stretch your legs on a breathtaking seawall stroll in Vancouver’s Stanley Park
- surf up a storm (or just watch a storm) near Tofino, on Vancouver Island’s wild west coast
- knock back some lipsmacking BC craft beers at a chatty pub in Victoria
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Vancouver, Whistler, Sunshine Coast, Vancouver Is-land, Victoria, Saanich Peninsula & Around, Sooke & Around, Cowichan Valley, Nanaimo, Parksville & Qualicum, Pacific Rim National Park Reserve, Ucluelet, Tofino, Comox Valley, Campbell River, Port Hardy, Cape Scott Provincial Park, Southern Gulf Islands, Salt Spring Is-land, North & South Pender Islands, Mayne Island, Galiano Island.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation