Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - Understand Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the History, Life as a Pacific Northwesterner, Music & the Arts, Wild Things, Sustainable Pacific Northwest, Directory A–Z, and Transportation from Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, wildlife and the arts to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on life as a Pacific Northwesterner
- info on the music and the arts of this progressive and inspiring region
- full coverage of bald eagles, orcas, elks and the rest of the region’s wildlife
- details on the history of the Northwest, from first inhabitants to explorers and settlers
Coverage includes: History, Life as a Pacific Northwesterner, Music & the Arts, Wild Things, Sustainable Pacific Northwest, Directory A–Z, and Transportation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation